Corey's step into the world of Blog publishing.

Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Backpack, Basecamp, and Tiki

So I have been a proponent of tikiwiki. A super-charged-with-features wiki. I use it for my website. However, lately I've been letting it die a slow death. Why?

Well, for one, its really quite hard to use, except for the wiki part. The rest of it, I guess, it Web 1.0. Web 2.0 is here, and its cool. As I mentioned earlier, I'm on to flickr, del.icio.us (and myweb), blogger (which is dangerously 1.0), and now perhaps basecamp or backpack.

These things are just so much easier to use! For instance, tiki has trackers. They're basically a to-do list. Of course, it being tiki, it has all kinds of things you can do. All of these extra features get in the way of me actually using it for a to-do list.

Anyway, I've taken it as a strong personal lesson. Design matters. iPods rule (I wouldn't know first-hand). I use gmail now instead of the other 12 e-mail interfaces I've used.

Corey

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home